Friday, July 4, 2014

summer time fun

While the big kids have swim and dive practices all morning at the pool, Kristen got to play around the pool.  Typically some older kids would whisk her away for a thirty minute increment and then bring her back to another tween or teen waiting to play with her for their free thirty minutes.

This day, Kristen and Andy Farrington buddied up.  It was super cute.  They don't play together often and don't know each other too well, which makes this progression all the sweeter.  They held hands, walked over to a heater, discussed and gesticulated about something, and then walked over to the play structure together.  It was absolutely adorable!

Later that day, I took the kids to get Slurpees (possibly their first ever) and then we took the mini van through the car wash.  Between those two "treats", you would have thought I took them to Disneyland.  I'm enjoying this age when the pleasures are simple.

talking about the heater

Andy convincing Kristen to go to the play toys

stopping for a chat

continuing to the toys

Slurpees

Slurpees in the car wash

No comments: