Monday, March 24, 2014

the big climb


The Big Climb was Sunday and I did it (and I wasn't even sore the next day)!  69 flights of stairs (1,311 stairs) in 17 minutes.  Even though I did two half marathons the previous two weekends, this was still really hard.  It's like a long sprint.  I was so glad to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and to be on the Craig's Legs team (I was hoping to have a photo of all 127 of us, but it's taking awhile to get it).  Thanks to your generous donation our team was able to raise $66,660; you made a difference in the battle against blood cancers!!

 before the climb with climbing honorees on my back

the view from 73rd floor of the Columbia Tower

another view from the 73rd floor

I did it!!

me & Dr. Colin Craig (who beat me by 2 1/2 minutes), he's an inspiration!

at the top with Dr. Craig's sons (Ryan & Jeff), his daughter-in-law Kitty, 
and Ryan's daughter (and biggest fundraiser, Finley

Dr. Craig, his wife Leah and Finley

No comments: