My mom and I went to Portland for the weekend for my marathon. Ashley and Willie just happened to be in town for a wedding that weekend, so we were able to see with them too.
We arrived Friday evening and I made it just in time to grab my race packet (with 2 minutes to spare). Then we went out to dinner and hung out at a sports bar near our hotel.
The next day I dragged my mom to VooDoo Doughnuts and she was sweet to wait in line with me, although it was only about 20 minutes. We met up with Ashley for lunch, shopped, and walked around Portland. We had a low key evening with take out in our hotel room so I could carbo-load.
It was fun to spend time with just my mom, often there are lots of noisy kids around when we're together.
hotel mirror selfie
waiting in line at VooDoo
the original VooDoo location
we made it inside!
doughnuts
one happy girl
I bought doughnuts to bring back for the kids:
Cocoa puff, M&M, Oreo, Cap'n Crunch, and two bacon maple doughnuts
in Ashley's quaint hotel
sisters
checking out the finish line chute
relaxing, reading, and eating dinner
No comments:
Post a Comment