Sunday, October 20, 2013

off to palm springs

We stopped in at Grandma and Granddad's for a few minutes before going to the airport.  

I flew solo with the kids.  They did really well and were super helpful.  I got a lot of strange looks from others in the airport who thought I was insane traveling with four young children.  

The flight was quite eventful.  When we stopped in San Francisco, the flight attendant took the kids up to the cockpit and they got "wings".  The biggest blessing was the two open seats next to Justin.  I quickly ushered Kaitlin over there.  Then Haley asked "Can I have the window then?"  Which triggered a light bulb for me: Haley could sit in the window seat and Kristen could sit in the middle with the safety seat belt.  It was perfect because Kristen was exhausted and wouldn't fall asleep in my arms.  She was out before we were even down the runway.  As if all that wasn't enough busy-ness, Justin said "mom, I think I'm going to lose my tooth in Palm Springs, it's wiggly."  Less than five minutes later, the tooth was out!

Once there the kids played on the play structure.  Then we headed off to get our rental car.  The line wasn't that long but it took FOREVER.  I was dreading the whole thing, the kids were at the end of their ropes.  I kept waiting for one of them to meltdown.  They were squirrelly but we made it out of there and to the car with all our luggage, car seats, and kids!

 

so excited to ride the "train"

girls row 

Justin 

lunch and a movie

lunch and a movie
(Kristen's first)

loving their wings


Justin and his wings

lose tooth 

and it's out

out cold

coloring during take off

movies, snacks, and naps

this picture is my favorite: Kaitlin has her own movie she's listening to,
but she's watching Justin's movie 

we made it!! 

dinner

waiting for the rental car

finally!!

a little McDonald's dinner

1 comment:

Janelle said...

Yep you are insane for traveling with all 4 by yourself.